top of page
HISTORY
The church was founded by the late Vann L. Barringer. It was organized April 7, 1957 with Dr. Jerry Falwell as moderator.
The land for the church building was donated by the Roy and Dorothy Campbell family. There were 46 charter members when the church was built. While the church was under construction, the congregation met in a hunt club building owned by Robert Reynolds.
The original building was built by church members with only twenty dollars paid labor. A new addition which included a Baptistry, choir loft, offices, and bathrooms, were built with free labor.
The church purchased four additional tracks of land around the church. The parsonage is located on one of the tracks and a fellowship hall on another. The first service in the new church was July 7, 1957.
The first trustees were Arnold Thacker, Charles Irby, and Roger Montgomery. The first deacons were Roy Campbell, Albert Edwards, Charles Irby, Floyd Johnson, Roger Montgomery, Hicks Watts, and Bill Wood.
From the Rockbridge County, Virginia Heritage Book 1778 - 1997 (pgs. 58,59)
Rockbridge area Genealogical Society 1997
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PASTORS OF THE CHURCH 1957 - PRESENT
Vann Barringer
Arnold Thacker
Charles Irby
Paul Johnson
Billy Housand
Jay Sprecher
Robert Bevins
E. J. Starnes
Nathan Miller
Ralph VanNess Jr.
Terry Bostic
***Paul Flint and Greg Pearce served as Interim Pastors***
bottom of page